The Associated General Contractors of America One-Day Tech Summit 2017
Thought leaders from across the country will discuss the state of construction technology
On March 10, 2017, The Associated General Contractors of America will host a One-Day Sharing and Innovation Tech Summit at The Linq Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. As the leading association for the construction industry, AGC represents more than 26,000 firms, including over 6,500 of America’s leading general contractors and over 9,000 specialty-contracting firms. More than 10,500 service providers and suppliers are also associated with AGC, all through a nationwide network of chapters.
Rather than a traditional day of multiple speaking sessions, AGC members and attendees will instead find themselves involved in a tech-centered dialogue curated by Spectrum AEC Founder and CEO Nathan Wood, as well as VP of Strategic Development for Bluebeam, Inc, Sasha Reed, aimed at addressing the biases behind three critical pain points regarding technology adoption:
- THE PROCESS: How to Create a Digital Transformation and Avoid Disruption
- THE TECHNOLOGY: IT Security in the Digital Age: How Contracts & Culture impact Risk
- THE PEOPLE: Overcoming the Barriers to Adoption of Technology
Panels and roundtables will create organic conversations to take a look at the biases that exist in these areas with the hope that the discussions will help to explore and mitigate tech biases within the project realm. Information sharing and relationship building will also be par for the course as fostering community and connecting build professionals is a key goal of the AGC.
WHO WILL BE THERE
This One-Day Sharing and Innovation Summit has a number of industry sponsors on hand, as well as some hand-picked industry experts who will participate in the roundtables and panels to offer their own unique perspectives and address the existing biases towards process, technology, and people.
Industry experts to speak include:
- Jim Gentile, Quality Operations Manager for Lendlease Construction
- Kris Lengieza, Director of VDC at Stiles Corporation
- Jeff Sample, IT Director at The Gallegos Corporation
- Nige Wingate Former Director of Information Technology at Mortenson Construction
- Shobhit Baadkar, Principal, TitanAEC
- Benjamin Crosby, Director of BIM/VDC, W.G. Yates & Sons Construction
For registration and venue information, click here.
StrXur will be on hand covering the event, so look forward to a wrap-up soon.